Accounting System CleanupLet's get you setup and cleaned up.
- Detailed needs analysis to determine where your accounting is and where it needs to go.
- Quickbooks Online Account Creation/Setup including optimized chart of accounts
- Clean up of your old accounting system (if one exists)
- Bank feed and Seller Central connections
- Bookkeeping catch up back to the beginning of the fiscal year
- Other connections including A2X
- 1 hour debrief call to train you on your new system and consult with you on your financial performance and goals.
Monthly BookkeepingWe'll keep you straight.
- Weekly transaction classification for all accounts
- Monthly Financial statement creation and bank reconciliation
- Monthly and quarterly financial analysis
- Quarterly Deep Dive strategy call
- Annual financial reports delivered to your CPA for taxes
- Payroll Management
- Accounts Payable Management
- Sales Tax Management (using TaxJar)
More Information About Seller Accountant Services
Seller Accountant makes life easier and more profitable for Amazon 3rd party merchants and other e-retailers. Our services are customized for each client to maximize financial visibility and security. If you are in one of the following situations then it is time to time to talk to Seller Accountant:
- If your sales are above $20,000 per month. Seller Accountant serves startups and $10M companies but most of our clients really start needing help once they crest about $20,000 per month in revenue.
- If you want to improve cash flow. Managing cash is a delicate thing for a young company. Seller Accountant can help you understand where your money is going and can help you develop the plan to free up that needed cash.
- If you aren’t as profitable as you wish you were. Profitability is a tricky subject because almost ALL business owners struggle with it but nobody likes to talk about it. Have you ever had the conversation where a business owner brags about how much sales is growing but when you ask them about profitability they change the subject? Was it you? If you aren’t achieving consistent profitability in your business then something is wrong and Seller Accountant may be able to help.
- If you are considering raising cash. If you want to get a loan to help you grow your business you have to have really clean financial statements for the last few years. The time to work on your books is NOW before you need money! We’ve seen many businesses fail to keep clean books get rejected by banks when they otherwise would have been great loan candidates.
- If you have a partnership or are considering one. Having a good business partner can be a beautiful thing or it can be a nightmare. Having clear and accountable books can help you have hard conversations with your partners or can position to bring on a good partner. I’ve never talked to a business owner who was glad that they had no idea where their money was going.
- If you are planning for an exit or a purchase. If your plan is to sell your company in the next 5 years now is the time to straighten out your accounting and separate any commingled entities. Business owners consistently get more for their companies when the books are clean. As acquisition activity around Amazon businesses heats up it will be critical to know where every dollar is going and how you are performing against the industry.
How do I know if I am ready for an outsourced accounting department?
Most brand new e-commerce sellers don’t have the cash or the need to outsource accounting services but once your business takes off you will need help and it is often much cheaper to outsource some of the accounting over hiring an internal bookkeeper. When you decide that it might be time to get serious about the financial management of your business make sure that you hire a partner who really understands the nuances of e-commerce accounting. Make sure they can deliver secure, scalable financial visibility so that you can focus your energy on growing your business.